Friday, November 6, 2009

Avoid Social Network Pitfalls. Get Linux!




I got an email from an old college buddy the other day.  He was looking for me up on one of the popular social networking sites. 

I explained to him that I don't use these sites. In addition, I pointed out all the viruses that pop up on many of these social networking sites.  Viruses like this one, this one and this one.  Or how about this user's experience?

Because I use Linux, if I really wanted to open a social networking account,  I'd be immune to these viruses. Why?  Because these viruses target Windows systems and users.  Linux is immune to Windows viruses and malware.

I realize that social networking sites do their diligent best to rid their landscape of such malware, viruses, and phishing scams.   However, they can't catch everything.  All users need to be vigilant.

If you want to be safer and more secure on a social networking site, simply get Linux.  You'll have an easy to use desktop with thousands of free software apps.   And you'll be more secure.  With Linux, you'll be immune to any Windows virus tht may infect/exploit your favorite social networking site.

Get Linux.

No comments: