Thursday, January 7, 2010

My New Linux Box! Ordered!


Yesterday, my company, georgetoon.com, sent a purchase order for a brand new PCLinuxOS computer system! It's a rack system (similar to what I currently run) with space for five swappable hard drives. The case is pictured above.

My system will come with three Hard drives and two DVD burners. I'll also be running an AMD Phenom Quad core processor with 4 gigs of RAM.

PCLinuxOS running KDE 4 is going to be the main OS. I'll also have three other desktop environments installed, Gnome, LXDE, and XFCE.

I plan on running Windows XP via VirtualBox (for Quickbooks). Surprisingly, WinXP runs faster in VirtualBox than on it does on a real hard drive. I guess this is due to not needing all the added apps for anti-virus, etc. which constantly run in the background.

I'll have more information as the delivery date draws near.


Get Linux!

No comments: