Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's Totally INSANE To Run Windows!

I'll say one thing for Apple, their ads are so creative they get copied and lampooned all over the web. The current "Hello, I'm a Mac, and I'm a PC" ads have spawned hundreds of imitators.

A few years ago, Apple did another ad campaign that was widely imitated. It was called "Switch." The commercials showed former PC users standing against a white background talking about why they switched to Mac.

Well, this commercial was hugely popular and, as I already mentioned, brought about a lot of parodies. Some of the most creative parodies involved ads showing people who switched to Linux. Which, in my opinion, has always been the better choice.

My favorite comes from Chris at dangercollie.com. (The ad is below. Simply click to play). Not only is it a neat parody of the original Mac Switch commercial, it's quite informative. Chris gave me permission to run it here on my blog. Listen to the ad and what is being said. It's all true. Linux installs easily, finds all your hardware and Internet connection and starts running with a nice clean display and wonderful software already installed. And the cost (and ownership under the GPL) can't be beat! So, what do you want to do? Spend a bundle of money on a Windows system, or simply Get Linux (and save a bundle)? And sometimes, the best way to get Linux is to buy a new system with Linux pre-insttalled. I use Kiowa Linux on my laptop.

Regardless of the Liux distro or how you get it, it's the right move to make. Enjoy the Linux ad!

No comments: