Monday, January 12, 2009

Who Needs Vista?

In an earlier post, I wrote about a friend having problems with his new computer.   It came with Windows Vista.  Long story short, he's downgrading to Windows XP in order to get all his devices and software to work.

I'm sure you know someone in the same situation. It's a great opportunity to show folks just how powerful Linux is. Check out this youtube.com video of Linux running on an older system.  It's pretty amazing.

How old is the system?  Well, the video author states that he purchased the system in October of 2000, and lists the following specs:  PIII 800 Mhz, 128 MB RAM, GeForce 2 MX/400, and 32 MB RAM.

So, when one of your friends is having problems with their Windows Vista system, show them this video.  It's inspiring.  So much so, they just may dust off one of their own old computers and install Linux themselves. (It'll run better than Vista!)

Get Linux.

2 comments:

weweboom said...

Hello, I run Ubuntu on my computer, and I was wondering if you could help me. not with any problem I'm having, but problems i would like to help others with, i too am trying to start a linux blog, one in which a person leaves a comment with their problem, and i help them, the problem is, I only have one post asking for problems and no responses, I was wondering if YOU could make a post informing your viewers of my site at http://www.ubutuxers.blogspot.com so that maybe I could begin to help others, I believe that seeing as I have been treated to the power and magic that is Linux, it is only fair that I give back to the community

MSzorady said...

weweboom,

I think you just did!:) But will certainly try to remember to include in future posts.:) I think a great first start is to inform the folks on the Ubuntu forums.:) From that, I think traffic will increase. I'll definitely keep tabs on your blog.:) I think it's a great idea!

Thanks for posting your info here.:)