Friday, December 7, 2007

David Pogue Reviews the $100.00 Laptop




I came across this terrific video review of the One Laptop Per Child Laptop. David Pogue is a tech columnist with the New York Times. I emailed David to ask him if I could run the video here and he said it was okay since it was already posted on YouTube.

If you're interested in reading more tech reviews, David's blog is located here. His web site, Pogue's Pages, is here. He has a wonderfully informative and humorous view (and review) of technology, computers, and high-tech gadgets.

And before I forget, other video reviews and news can be found at the New York Times' website here.

Anyhow, I've been quite curious in seeing this laptop in action and actually getting a look at some of the features. David does a wonderful job in showing you this computer. As many of you who read this blog know, this laptop is powered by Linux. And it really is amazing how much technology is packed into such a small unit.

Again, this laptop is available for sale to folks in the U.S. and Canada for a limited time. You are required to buy two (Give One, Get One Program). One laptop to keep and one laptop to give to a child in a third world country. In doing so, you can make it a doubly nice Linux Christmas.

(My thanks to David Pogue and the New York Times for allowing me to stream this video review here.)

No comments: