Friday, February 29, 2008

My Kiowa Linux Beta 3 Desktop.

As I mentioned yesterday, I have Kiowa Linux Beta 3 (GNOME edtion) installed on my system. It installed in a flash and boots in a blink!

I've been playing with some of the features the GNOME desktop has to offer. Changing the desktop background was a snap. And since my nephew has been sending me information on the upcoming Ironman movie (you can see the latest trailer here), I decided to grab one of the Ironman movie images floating around the web.

All I did was right click on the desktop and selected "Change Desktop Background." A new window appear and allows the user to add images form anywhere on the hard drive and then select these images. I added the Ironman image from my Pictures folder, it then became part of the wallpapers dialog, and I simply highlighted it and pressed "Close." The background changes! Very easy! And there are other tools to tweak the size of the background image, adjust fonts, and choose themes.

In a word,this new Kiowa Linux Beta 3 release is Sweet! I'll be posting more information as i continue to explore this exciting Linux distro!

Get Linux.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This definitely looks great! But I cannot access the Kiowa home page due to some reason - it has been blocked on my ISP server.

MSzorady said...

I'm not sure wht the problem may be. See if you can get to http://forum.kiowalinux.com.

You can find the link to the iso download up there in the thread titled: "The Kiowa Team is Proud To Release The 3rd Kiowa 2008 Beta."

Anonymous said...

Well I am on limited broadband, so no chance of downloading Kiowa unless it's something les than 200MB (which most probably isn't). One main reason I use Ubuntu is for their ShipIt! service.
:)

MSzorady said...

Ubuntu's Shipit service is terrific for those who don't have a high speed connection or are limited in some other way. I've used it myself.

Anonymous said...

Ashutosh Mishra pm me Kiowa on the forums and i will be glad to arrange a disk to be shipped...

Anonymous said...

Ashutosh Mishra pm me Kiowa on the forums and i will be glad to arrange a disk to be shipped...

Anonymous said...

Ya I can't get to any of the Kiowa web sites.This distro looks very interesting and i want to learn more about it since Ubuntu has slowed significantly. I simply says the page is unavailable. I'm confused

MSzorady said...

You may want to contact Kiowa directly. He usually stops b y the blog. I'll let hm know you inquired.